I am very excited about this season. This is a quick overview of what is being planted in the 244 raised beds that are hosting this stellar line up. If there is a personal favorite you don’t see, or if there is something you really love that you do see, don’t be shy to let me know. Without further ado, here is the 2015 line up alphabetically listed:
Greens and Roots:
- Arugula: Astro
- Beans: Provider, Jade, Royal Burgandy, Rodcor
- Beets: Early Wonder, Red Ace, Touchstone Gold, Bulls Blood
- Carrots: Napoli, Negovia, Rainbow, Dragon
- Chard: Rainbow
- Collard greens: Champion
- Kale: Red Russian, Lacinato, Siberian
- Lettuce Heads: Flashy Trout Back, Muir, Baby Oak leaf, Concept, Ridgeline Romaine, Jericho Romaine, Crispano, Rhazes
- Lettuce (Salanova) An exciting new lettuce hybrid carefully bred for flavor and texture. You are going to love this lettuce!! (sorry for all the exclamation marks, I think the coffee is kicking in)
Red Butter – Green Butter- Red Oakleaf and Green Oakleaf
- Radicchio: Virtus F1 which is a trevis type
- Snap Peas: Sugar Ann
- Snow Peas: Oregon Sugar Pod II and Dwarf Grey Sugar
- Rutabaga: Helenor
- Spinach: Renegade, Bloomsdale Longstanding, Giant Winter
- Turnip: Tokyo Market (you are going to love this)
- Herbs: Chives, Oregano, Basil ..might be doing something quite special here..so I am going to keep this one under wraps!
- Mesclun Greens: A special blend of lettuce and mustard seeds
- Mild Mix: a dozen different mild mustards and other brassica greens
- Gourmet: Totally unique! Beautiful colors and flavor.
- Red Planet: An all lettuce salad mix with an amazing range of color.
- Beta Mix: Beet and chard groups. Carefully selected for the fall.
Brassicaceae and Cucurbitaceae:
- Pac Choi
- Eggplant: Round Mauve, Listada di Gandia, Black Beauty
- Ground Cherry
- Potatoes: Fianna, Russet Norkotah
- Peppers (sweet) Romanian, Sheepnose pimiento, Healthy, Lipstick, Yankee Bell, Apple, Alba Regia, Franks, Chocolate, Golden California Wonder, Super Shepherd.
- Peppers (hot) Jalapeno, Hungarian wax, Ring of Fire
- Tomatoes (cherry) Tommy Toe, Mini Orange, Green Grape, Snow white, Gardening delight, Una Harstock, Isis Candy, Black Cherry
- Tomatoes (cocktail) Pink boar, Vernissage Pink, Ross Red Salad, zebra collection, sweet orange tomatoes, vernissage black
- Tomatoes: Gold dust, Ozark Sunrise, Black and Brown Boar, Black Russian, Roma tomato paste, Persimmon, Mother, Northern Light, Chocolate Stripe, Limmony, New Yorker.
- Sunflowers (ofcourse! Why? www.mysunflowerstory.com)
***PLUS there are a few other fun surprises in store***
All my Eggplants, Cucumbers, Ground Cherry, Kohlrabi, Lettuce heads, Melons, Peppers, Squash and Tomatoes all come from Greta’s Organic Gardens. If you have not been, even if you are thinking of maybe ONE of something in your own garden I promise you, she is so worth checking out. Here is her website but she has even MORE seeds and plants ready to go onsite in her shade house. All of them are organic, almost all carefully grown right on site and a lot of incredible varieties. Over 250 varieties of tomatoes alone! www.seeds-organic.com Plants available starting May 16 – June 26th.
Here is an idea of what comes when so you know what you can expect:
|Cut Salad Greens||Cut Salad Greens||Squash|